May 26th & 27th, 2022
BASEM Annual Conference
- BASEM Annual Conference
- To bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, and clinicians to exchange and share their experiences and research results in the hot topics in elite sport and sport and exercise medicine.
- To attract new clinicians to sport and exercise with practical workshops in day-to-day musculoskeletal medicine and team care.
- To provide the opportunity for young scientists to present their work on the podium, meet their mentors and discuss their careers.
- To discuss how Elite Sport was affected during the COVID19 and how IOC and IPC handled the crisis
- To showcase the role of the World Olympian Association and discuss their studies
- To discuss the European initiative for the promotion of the Physical activity and present the history behind the Hamburg declaration presented by Exercise is Medicine Europe
- To showcase the practised working strategies Moving Medicine
- To discuss the latest research and practical guidelines in Musculoskeletal medicine and practical tips and tricks to take in your practice
- To discuss Antidoping and other sport integrity challenges and understand the world of technological doping and fairness in Sport with participation of WADA
- To discuss relevant cutting-edge topics of 2021 in Sport and Exercise Medicine and the extended specialties
- To discuss the Pre-hospital Medicine and the delivery of the of the emergency care at sports events such as marathon from the medical team of Brighton Marathon
- To debate the challenges of injury prevention in Sport and the evidence behind it
- To showcase the work of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK
- To challenge the topic of safeguarding and medical governance
- To guide and mentor the next generation of the leaders in Sport and Exercise medicine
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Sport and physical activity
Audience: Who is this conference being tailored for?
- SEM Consultants
- Primary Care Sports medicine doctors and physiotherapists
- GP and Hospital based Doctors and Allied Health Professionals who encounter patients that could benefit from exercise or see musculoskeletal injuries
- All health care professionals involved in sports and exercise
- Parents, Coaches and Sports Media
- Sports Medicine Scientists
- Students pursuing a career in Sport and Exercise medicine